Personal Journal: the strategic default of the house we purchased in 2006

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two Camps




Since I started writing this blog last Monday, it has stirred up some conversation/controversy.  I opened myself up for the conversation, and am having them at the park, in the pick-up line at school, at the grocery, on the phone, on Facebook, and at the dinner table.  There are basically two camps of folks.  

The first group are unsure of our plan.  I hope this is out of concern for our welfare and safety, as well as not knowing the preparation we put into our decision.  

The second group are curious, or have already gone through something similar.  I have heard dozens of stories about all the trouble people have gone through on behalf of their houses.

Let me assure the unsure.  We have sussed out the details as best as anyone can.  We've considered the taxes, the lender, the relator, our financial well-being, our children's college accounts, the law, our consciences.  When we do the numbers, and consider our options, we are sleeping well at night.

For those of you who have gone before us, I welcome your stories.  I can only learn from anything that you have already experienced.

Here is a book that Silas and I read, that really helped us, in an all-around kinda way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment