Personal Journal: the strategic default of the house we purchased in 2006

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Short Sale Sob Story


Here is the latest on the short sale.  There is no news.

Though the price of our house dropped $40,000 last week, and more than 8 groups of realtors and potential buyer cruised through my immaculate house (opening my closets!!) over the weekend, no offers.

In 2 weeks the price will drop again, and it will stop dropping there, I hope.  The irony here is the lower the price, the more folks come to see the joint, and the less I want to keep it clean.  Taking excellent care of something that is worth so much less than we paid is disheartening.  Also, the lower the price goes, the less likely the bank will approve of a short sale.  They want the money we owe them, and at this point, it will be a big gap they would forgive.

Today, I threw the bag I carried on my bike ride on the counter along with the mail, all the dishes are undone, and 5 days worth of clean laundry is on the couch.  I have not vacuumed in 3 days (my vacuum broke).  If a realtor calls to show it, I'll just say no.  It kinda seems that it doesn't matter.

On an up note, the longer we stay in our house, the more likely my veggies will be mine at the end of the summer.  90 days of a short sale from now would be mid-June!  A few more weeks out, and I have tomatoes in August.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about a loan mod. If this is the home you want to live in you just might make it work. come see me or call. Trace Fike

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loan mod would save us $80 per month, renting will save us exponentially more!

    ReplyDelete