Personal Journal: the strategic default of the house we purchased in 2006

Thursday, March 4, 2010

While We Still Have Today

This simple lesson repeats itself for me:

Enjoy what you are doing, where you are, and who you are with, right now.  

I don't mean, "at this time in your life",  but even as you are reading this.  I must need to learn it more than I realize.  It is helping me make informed choices in regards to home ownership (as well as more touching and personal things).

I love my house, because it is my home.  I do not want to make any choices about my house, and mistake the choice for a decision about my home.  My family, and my memories, are what make this place, my home.  The structure is temporary.  This has freed me from a bit of fear I have about leaving this place, when I realize what I am leaving is a thing.


I also am enjoying my things in the moment.  This is a sunny corner of a room many folks contributed to, including myself.  I want to remember how it felt to work and love and play in this corner, and take that with me when we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment